• My neighbor is using my driveway to get to his residence because he says it is a shared drive. What can I do

    This is a very frequent question. What can you do about property line disputes? Well, the Sheriff's Office has no jurisdiction over property disputes and is solely handled through the District Court system. We would suggest that you get your property surveyed by a certified professional surveyor and enlist the assistance of a real estate attorney who will better assist you with this matter. The only time we will respond to a property dispute, is when both parties are causing a disturbance, or when through investigation it is found that the party making the complaint is the rightful owner. In the latter situation, it then turns into a possible trespassing complaint.

    Created on 21/06/2012 in Property Dispute Questions