• What can I do about barking dogs in my neighborhood?

    To report incidents involving animals call 410-820-1600; the Caroline County Human Society, which is the designated animal control authority for the county. If it is after hours, please contact the Caroline County Sheriff's Office and ask the dispatcher to contact the on-call animal control officer who will further assist you. If an animal appears to be a threat to the safety of an individual dial 911 and ask for both a Caroline County Animal Control officer and a police officer. Both will be dispatched to assist you immediately.

    It is important to remember that our Deputy Sheriff's are "LAW ENFORCEMENT" professionals, not animal control professionals. Our deputies are not equipped or trained to deal with animals, and will not be dispatched to an animal complaint unless it is a traffic hazard or a threatening situation. Even then, an animal control officer WILL be dispatched to take control of the situation with their training and/or issued equipment.

    Created on 22/06/2012 in Noise Complaint Questions