• Do Non-Residents Have to Register?

    A person who is a resident of another state where he or she is required to register and who enters Maryland for the purpose of employment or attending school must register within three (3) days of beginning employment or registering as a student.

    Employment includes working or "carrying on a vocation," and may be full time or part time for a sequential period of the time in Maryland exceeding 14 days or for an aggregate period of the time in Maryland exceeding 30 days during any calendar year. The employment or vocation may be financially compensated, volunteered, or for the purpose of government or educational benefit.

    Attending school includes full-time or part-time attendance at any public or private educational institution, including any secondary school, trade, or professional institution, or institution of higher education.

    Created on 29/06/2012 in Sex Offender Questions